Gaytos Consulting has the LEADERSHIP experience to drive your organization to confront the challenging, changing, and complex radiology information systems and picture archiving and communication systems environment.
Technology has created tools that make real-time diagnosis easier and faster. These tools can allow clinical teams to have more efficient and effective workflow with patient care, quicker turn-around times, and improved referring physician satisfaction. These advanced technologies and information management systems enable departments to (a) streamline workflows; (b) adopt new techniques, processes and procedures faster; (c) and leverage rich clinical data to elevate care and the patient experience.
With these new technologies and information systems lies the core challenges for an organization.
- Do you have in-house expertise to manage and guide teams of clinicians and radiologists to champion efforts such as structured reporting across an enterprise or across state lines such as Tele-Radiology?
- Do you believe adding an important major specialized enterprise-wide Radiology initiative to the workload of your staff project manager will yield positive RESULTS in the time-frame you want?
The following are paramount to the success of your Radiology Information System (RIS) and Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS) project/program:
- Choosing a Radiology Information Systems (RIS)
- Choosing a Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS) or Enterprise Archive solution
- Deciding Tele-Radiology or Remote reading capabilities.
- Understanding the department’s clinical workflow, how the technology will impact your clinicians and Radiologists for an optimal implementation.
- Understanding the challenges of the voice recognition (VR) and how to be more successful in your initiative.
- Utilizing Business Intelligence to understand your patient population, report turn-around times, and information management.
In the best case scenario, a RIS/PACS program is challenging to implement because of various pitfalls from traversing each hospitals security protocols in the case of Tele-Radiology, Appropriate application training, workflow, and report-turn-around times, etc. Thus, RIS/PACS is NOT a one-size fits all implementation, and having the right experience and knowledge to avoid pitfalls is beneficial.
The ever-changing technology that comes with RIS/PACS applications that enhance workflows require the appropriate leadership EXPERIENCE that help you achieve your goal to improve patient care, Radiologist and customer satisfaction. Implementation of servers, data-centers, disaster recovery and business continuance systems, data migrations and management, Citrix, EMR, HL7 interfacing, voice recognition, and reporting are key components in understanding the RIS/PACS technical implementation.
Enter Gaytos Consulting: LEADERSHIP consulting with heart, our staff has the proven EXPERIENCE and expertise to guide, assist, and manage your team of clinicians, Radiologists, IT, the host of various internal teams and your vendor of choice in the challenging world of RIS/PACS to improve patient care and Radiologist satisfaction. From requirements, RFP, staffing, project planning to go-live, we can help you achieve RESULTS with choosing the ideal RIS/PACS solution to implementing your chosen RIS/PACS solution and program/project.